• libflags01
International Students
  • With our open, friendly atmosphere, small classes, strong academics and diverse mix of international students, Capital University is a rewarding place to get an education. 


    Mandatory International Student Orientation

    Welcome new International Students! The mandatory International Student Orientation  program will be held on Tuesday, August 19, and Wednesday, August 20,  at 9am in Troutman Hall 122. Students must be on time to attend the program. Additionally, your academic program may be providing a separate orientation that you must also plan to attend.




    More Information

    Programs  request information button 
    How to Apply
    Housing & Transportation
    Employment Options
    Admission Staff
    Request More Information 

  • Applying to Capital and Getting Your I-20 or DS-2019

    Have you found a Capital program that excites you? Here is what you need to do.

    1. Complete and send the application form for the Capital program you're interested in.
    2. Wait until Capital sends you a letter of admission and I-20 or DS-2019 (about a week after we receive your completed application).
    3. If you're currently living outside the U.S., you will need to apply for a visa.
      If you're already in the U.S., you may need to change your immigration status if you:
      Are the spouse or child of a foreign student
      Have a visa that authorizes you to work but not to study in the U.S.
    4. Make travel arrangements to arrive in the U.S. by the date on your immigration documents.

    Everyday Life at Capital

    At Capital University, you'll get a quality education, ... and not just in the classroom. By living, eating and talking with fellow students, all day and every day, you'll learn more about American culture than you ever thought you could.


    Living in a residence hall is a defining experience for U.S. undergraduate students. Capital University has 6 residence halls, each with its own personality.


    Meals at Capital are fresh and full of variety. Do you need low-fat, low-sodium, vegetarian or kosher foods? We'll work with you to make sure you get them.


    When you're far from home and family, you can rely on the staff at the International Education Office to look out for you. In large ways and small, we'll work to make your life in the U.S. easier and your education more rewarding.


    The International Education Office is here to make your experience at Capital as rewarding and enjoyable as possible. If you have questions or concerns, just contact us. We'll do everything we can to help.